TechniDrill’s Skive and Roller Burnishing Systems
- Specifically designed for skive and roller burnishing applications
- One-pass process
- Ideal for roundness tolerances of IT-8 or IT-9
- Bore surfaces with Ra 0.05 to 0.2 micron finishes
- Available diameters from 2” to 12”
- Cylinders up to 20’
- Most specifications available at greater capacity
Skiving and Roller Burnishing Technique
Hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders rely on ultra-smooth surface finish tolerances for operation longevity. The skiving and roller burnishing action passes over the material with skiving knives to create a perfectly round bore. This is followed by rollers that cold-work the surface and compress remaining material left behind from skiving, which creates a residual stress coating.
The result is a supremely smooth interior wall with a mirror-like finish. When this process uses reliable machines such as those developed by TechniDrill, the end product extends the life of cylinders.